Sunday, July 12, 2009

summer lovin'

my summer semester 09 is coming to a close. i canNOT believe how fast this semester has flown. there have been many many new experiences and people introduced into my life this semester that have made it one of the most memorable semesters. i wish i could hold onto this semester a bit longer and at the same time i am in much need for it to end. i wanted to post some of the events of the summer that have not made it on this blog yet.

a.
i attended many concerts this semester whether a concert in the park, on campus, at hogi yogi or driving down to salt lake for a concert, concerts were an important aspect of the summer.

my friends are in a well liked (rexburg) band, Soundcheck. they preform at almost every event in town and i enjoy cheering them on.


b.
i was able to make a lot of art this semester and have grown to love drawing, which is one area of art i used to not enjoy.

c.
my new roommates, Hillary and Brittney. they are very fun and enjoyable girls. i like them.
d.
julene. once again a great semester filled with julene. we had a printmaking class together which was a blessing because as much as i loved the class...i mostly hated it and her presence made it much more bearable. hah. here(down below) is julene at her best. i had my own room this semester so there were a few nights sleepovers happened. we like to turn up the music and dance around at our sleepovers.
e.
i may or may not have particpated in some fire throwing and viking fire making(that doesnt make sense huh? i poured gas or something on the gravel in the shape of a viking head) and here brooke jumping over it.
f.
free rootbeer floats at Sonic. my very first semester eating at sonic and i found myself there about 4 times. odd.

g.
vinyl record listening. what a dream.

h.
for my printmaking class we went on a fieldtrip to an art gallery which was showcasing prints from some amazing printmakers.


i.
i had many great photoshoots


j.
my fourth of july was great. many great new people, had a great bbq, water balloon fight, volleyball with sprinklers on, bike ride, then a hike to the(we walked from a guys family's house in idaho falls and it took as an hour to get there) idaho falls fireworks and then sleepover in idaho falls.

k.
jenny lewis and bon iver concert. many of my friends and i drove down to salt lake one afternoon for a salt lake Twilight concert. the concert was so great. i knew it would be good, but it was better than i could have imagined and it was free! afterwards, we went to Denny's. so fun. then headed back to rexburg where i arrived a bit before 4am. what a great and long day!

jenny lewis.
bon iver.











l.
oliver and i went to the rexburg farmers market and met up with my friends. at the market i bought, the corn on the cob that has mexican cheese and chili/lime powder on it, some coconut/macaroon fudge, cherries and a cool flower hair clip.

matching cherries
matching cotton candy
matching corn on the cob
m.
yes, still love clouds.
n.
tie-dying is a great time. i had the urge one day to tie-dye and my friends thought it was a great idea too. so we made it happen.




socks
the awesome shirt i made! huzzah!
thanks summer.

many more of my summer happenings can be found on earlier posts.

4 comments:

Leah said...

Hi. You're cute. Let's be friends. Oh wait...we already are! So glad to share even a little part of this magic summer with you and your friends!

Olivia Carter said...

Oooooo! Sister friend, now I want to tie dye! Looks live you've had a blast!

The Hulbert Family said...

Wow lots of fun you have had. I have comments about 4 things:
1. that picture of Julene is great
2. you forgot to mention all the times I called Julene while you were in class together.
3. The pics you took of Henrik are soooooooo cute. Not to mention all the other pictures you took of people. Oh yeah that reminds me you should come by Tue. to get paid.
4. I hope the sidewalk outside of Davenport #6 is not stained.

oh and one more for kicks,
I really should go to the farmers market.

kaitlin said...

oh my gosh good summer!

geez what the julene has a BLOG? where has that been all my life. adding to my reader.

and holy cool tie dye shirt! i mean really how did you make it look like that?!

tolde!
thoonest!
(sometimes i have more than one because i type them wrong.)